KNIT + ESCAPE UP TO YOUR NECK IN VAMPIRE FANTASY THAT’S BLOODY LUXURIOUS, TOO.
Every room at The Roxbury Experience is both hilarious and evocative. This one evokes the Bela Lugosi Dracula classic movie with decor that’s fiendishly fabulous in an elegant yet subtly sinister kind of way. This cottage features a master bedroom with the most towering ceiling of any other at Stratton Falls. Inspired by the groin vault scenes in the Bela Lugosi Dracula classic that must have influenced so many other art directors of vampire films, we wanted this bedroom experience to be the ultimate in sinister gothic elegance. But do not feel that guests of the downstairs bedroom will feel shortchanged in any way. Au contraire. With its brass wall railings, cushioned walls, and red velvet blackout curtains, let’s just say Dracula has tricked you into sleeping in his, well, coffin…We like to think he will be knitting. Other features of this cottage include:
- Two king bedrooms, each with their own privately-accessed bathroom. One bathroom with a tub and shower and one bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
- Gothic castle decor with a grand winding staircase that leads to a vampiric throne chamber
- Common living area with comfy sleeper sofa increasing possible total occupancy to six. This area also has its own door into the downstairs bathroom enabling guests in the downstairs bedroom and living area to have separate private entrances to the downstairs bathroom
- Screened-in back-porch off downstairs bedroom
- Sun balcony off upstairs bedroom
- Meadow, forest, and/or mountain views
- Refreshment station with full-size refrigerator, microwave and wet bar sink
This is a quad occupancy suite on the grounds of our Stratton Falls location, that will be shared. If you would like to rent the upstairs suite or downstairs suite as a single please email us.
Retreat Price Includes:
- Kristy Glass and three experienced knitting instructors on hand to answer all your knitting questions for the entire retreat
- Three nights of gloriously amazing accommodation (beware, everyone will want to check out your room)
- Two chock-a-block days of knitting classes, activities, markets and fun
- Fresh, local, farm-to-table catered meals from local chefs for lunch and dinner
- Three continental breakfasts
- Catered bowling party
- Train ride through the Catskill Mountains
- Exclusive shopping throughout the entire retreat
- Saturday night dance and monochromatic party
- Trivia night
- Loads of swag