RENAISSANCE LUXURY, GREEK GODS WITH ATTITUDE: HIS COTTAGE WILL MAKE 2 KNIT + ESCAPERS ETERNALLY HAPPY.
Picture yourself knitting, only instead of being you, you’re a God, or a Goddess, as you gaze up past the high walls of white carrara marble and into the open heavens above you. Your silly relatives and in-laws, the other Greek Gods, always seem to be putting on some sort of show amidst the clouds that surround you. Today they are bickering about something that seems very important to them and it has escalated into getting Zeus involved. As you peel another grape, you must decide if you are going to get sucked into the escalating tensions and fly up into the battle or just let them fight it out.
It is difficult to do justice in a photo or video to the brilliant michelangelesque mural created for this cottage by Wish Unlimited. Encompassing the entire great room ceiling, the mural depicts warring factions of Greek Gods and is intended to transport you into a realm of classicism, of elegance, and interestingly – of clarity. Boasting a slightly larger floor plan, this is the only cottage with an interior hallway leading to a second door onto the lower level screened-in porch. The real inspiration for this cottage was The Roxbury owners’ fascination with the original 1981 film Clash of the Titans. Many elements of the film served as the inspiration for its artwork and decor. We want you to feel your supernatural powers while staying in this cottage. We want you to feel, well, like a God.
Features of this sumptous cottage include:
- Two king suites, each with their own privately-accessed bathroom. One bathroom with a tub and shower and one bathroom with a large walk-in shower. Each guest will have their pick of the upstairs or downstairs suite, which ultimately makes this a single occupancy situation.
- Two stories connected by spiral staircase. A landing at the upper level of the staircase provides closer viewing of the detailed imagery on the ceiling mural.
- Luxurious living room – full of splendiferous spot for knitting and chillaxing like a Goddess
- A hallway leads from the great room to access to the screened-in downstairs back porch and its table for six. The downstairs bedroom also has private access onto the porch via its sliding glass doors
- Sun balcony, meadow, forest, and mountain views
- Refreshment station with full-size refrigerator, microwave and wet bar sink
This is a double occupancy cottage on the grounds of our Stratton Falls location. You will enjoy an entire suite to yourself, the lounge and kitchen area will be shared. If you would like to add a roommate the price is $1,200 for an additional retreat participant.
Retreat Price Includes:
- Kristy Glass and three experienced knitting instructors on hand to answer all your knitting questions for the entire retreat
- Three nights of gloriously amazing accommodation (beware, everyone will want to check out your room)
- Two chock-a-block days of knitting classes, activities, markets and fun
- Fresh, local, farm-to-table catered meals from local chefs for lunch and dinner
- Three continental breakfasts
- Catered bowling party
- Train ride through the Catskill Mountains
- Exclusive shopping throughout the entire retreat
- Saturday night dance and monochromatic party
- Trivia night
- Loads of swag