CELEBRATE HOLLYWOOD ART DECO GLAMOUR FOR THREE NIGHTS WITH FOUR FRIENDS
The concept for The Lost Horizon cottage, located on the grounds of The Roxbury Mansion at Stratton Falls, is about having the ability to jump through the cinema screen into a glamorous Hollywood grand art deco Manhattan apartment. That is why there is no color in the design scheme of this cottage – it is all tones of black and white and silver. And one of our favorite films from that era is the Frank Capra film “Lost Horizon” inspired by the famous James Hilton novel about a utopian land called Shangri-La. Not only did the film boast one of the most expensive sets in Hollywood history – all art deco – it also has a famous scene where the lead character discovers his love interest in a pastoral mountainous waterfall setting – how appropriate! We fully expect our Knit + Escapers to be inspired to create silver, black and white knitting to revel in the fabulous vibe of this cottage.
This cottage boasts a location closest to our waterfall with a rooftop observation deck via a second staircase with breathtaking views of the Stratton resort cottage escape on one side and the old stone arch bridge on the other side. And in November, when the leaves have fallen – you can see the very top of the waterfall. In addition to the rooftop observation deck, this cottage features:
- Two king suites, each with their own privately-accessed bathroom. One bathroom with a tub and shower and one bathroom with a large walk-in shower
- Art Deco decor with a grand winding staircase. Think Fred and Ginger and Nick and Nora with a lot of Jean Harlow thrown in for spice
- Uncommon living area with its own door into the downstairs bathroom enabling guests in the downstairs bedroom and living area to have separate private entrances to the downstairs bathroom
- Screened-in back-porch off downstairs bedroom with outdoor dining tables – we can dream about using it in November, can’t we?
- Sun balcony with meadow, forest, and mountain views.
- Refreshment station with full-size refrigerator, microwave and wet bar sink
This is a double occupancy cottage on the grounds of our Stratton Falls location. You will enjoy an entire suite to yourself, the lounge and kitchen area will be shared. If you would like to add a guest to your room the price is $1,200 for an additional retreat participant.
Retreat Price Includes:
- Kristy Glass and three experienced knitting instructors on hand to answer all your knitting questions for the entire retreat
- Three nights of gloriously amazing accommodation (beware, everyone will want to check out your room)
- Two chock-a-block days of knitting classes, activities, markets and fun
- Fresh, local, farm-to-table catered meals from local chefs for lunch and dinner
- Three continental breakfasts
- Catered bowling party
- Train ride through the Catskill Mountains
- Exclusive shopping throughout the entire retreat
- Saturday night dance and monochromatic party
- Trivia night
- Loads of swag