Terms & Conditions
- Your Knit and Escape retreat space is secured and reserved by paying a minimum non-refundable deposit of $750 per guest. This deposit is non-transferable within 120 days of the retreat.
- The balance payment is due no later than 120 days before the retreat start date. If we do not receive your balance payment, your place may be given to another guest.
- Last-minute bookings must be paid for “in full” at the time of booking.
- We accept payment by credit card or bank transfer through Paypal. Please ensure that we receive the full amount for your retreat.
- If for any reason beyond our control there is a venue issue, we will move the retreat to another date and notify you via email
- If you have any health issues, please consult your doctor to make sure you are in a fit state to join us for your Knit and Escape retreat.
- Due to teacher cancellations or any other situations outside our control, we reserve the right to make any changes to our program, courses or instructors. Alternative arrangements will be offered, but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare and travel plans.
- We may offer a discount to some students, or last-minute discount places – this does not affect the status of any guests who have previously paid the full price, and a discount will not be offered to them.
- Knit and Escape does not accept liability for loss, damage, injury or illness whilst you are on the retreat, or for any travel costs to or from the retreat site. Please check our participant waiver for more details on this.
- We highly recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
- Passports, visas and health/medical requirements: you are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, as well as any necessary or required injections or other health requirements.
- We do not allow loud music and try to maintain a peaceful retreat stay for all participants and property owners surrounding the venues. We expect all guests to adhere to the noise regulations set by The Roxbury locations found on the FAQ’s page.
- Knit and Escape guests must be respectful and must not engage in offensive or illegal acts. Should a guest become a nuisance to Knit and Escape volunteers or staff, then we reserve the right to ask a guest to leave the premises or suspend their activities if it is appropriate to do so, without any compensation.
- We accept no responsibility for travel tickets such as airfares and public transport. This is solely the guest’s responsibility to organize and inform us only of an accurate arrival time in their own vehicle.
- We are exempt from fulfilling our contractual obligations for causes that could not be anticipated and/or are beyond our control, including an act of God, act of man, act of government, and other impersonal events or occurrences. That being said, we have integrity and will endeavor to provide you with the retreat you signed up for. Whilst all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure this, it may be necessary in some circumstances, eg extreme weather or environmental conditions, global health crisis that are outside of our control, to move the retreat date.
- Knit and Escape retains all copyright license rights and exclusively owns all photographs and material displayed on our website. This information may not be copied or used for any other purpose.
- Normal Check-In and Check-Out times are 3pm and 11am respectively. Guests may request Early Check-In and Late Check-Out subject to availability via The Roxbury motel and The Roxbury at Stratton Falls.
- Knit & Escape hereby engages all retreat participants to agree and adhere to our Code of Conduct
Property and Cancellation Policies:
If you cancel more than 90-120 days prior to your retreat start date and we cannot fill your spot you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit made to hold your space. If you cancel between 30-90 days prior to your retreat start date, 50% of the trip price will be forfeited. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to your retreat start date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policies. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be given for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat, or for arriving late or leaving early.